Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Walking on the grass


Namaskaram
Image courtesy of www.inquisitr.com
I dislike walking on the grass since the day I was young. I found it sticky, unusually wet, uncomfortable, dirty and so many things. Everytime, I had to go pick up clothes from the clothes line at home, I would quickly scout for a pair of slippers before my foot touches the grass. It can be world war 2 or even the most greatest emergency in the world, I will never step onto the grass without a cover on my feet. That was me, till last year January :) It took me 26 years plus to realize what a miracle can this tiny little flora can be.

First encounter

During my 1st detox session last year January 2013, the first thing that we were told to do was, sip in some sesame oil, keep it in the mouth for 15 minutes, while walking on the grass. As usual, I quickly fetched my slippers, but masters said, walk barefoot. Oh dear! I was already there, signed up for something i had no idea what is it about but I was confident it was going to be very beneficial, so I decided let's just give it a try, and so I did.

That was another longest 15 minutes of my life, not forgetting chewing the black peppercorns in the morning. That day did not encourage me to walk on the grass till i had a wonderful experience a couple of months back.

The natural healer

It was a usual Saturday evening, whereby my husband and I decided to take my daughter out to the park. We decided to go to the park at Cyberjaya since it was the biggest, cleanest, park closest to us. I had a very bad pain in my left leg, as if a cramped muscle or so and the pain seemed to be travelling from my upper thigh right down to my calf. It was too late to call it off, as i have an overly excited 3 year old yelling Park! Park! Park!, from the minute we told her about it. So we went ahead with the plan. 

When we arrived, it was such a beautiful evening, with nice sun shining in the west, ready to start its setting journey. The park is filled with big trees, so the heat cannot be directly felt. It gave us a very nice calm feeling. My husband and daughter were on their sports shoes running about. I decided to blend a bit with the nature, so i took off my slippers and walked on the grass along the pathway, towards them. The pain was still there, but i was too caught up with the beauty of the nature, it became tolerable.

After the whole park trip, we headed for dinner.  As I was sitting on the chair I noticed it was a bit harder and then thought it was going to make the pain on my leg even worse. That's when I realized, it was gone. The troubling pain which was there for almost half a day was just gone after a 15 minutes were on the grass. Miracle isn't it. Nature is a true blessing.


The yogic science behind it

Master Nava has mentioned to us about walking on the grass and how it fits with the yogic science. As we all know, our body can transmit electricity. It absorbs certain positive and negative ion throughout our daily lives. The only way we can neutralize these is by standing on grass which contain soil. Soil is earth one of 5 important elements in yogic science. The Earth will help to neutralize the ions in our body which may be causing us harm slowly without us realizing.

Morning dew and the grass

It is good to walk on the grass as early as 6.30 in the morning, before the sun comes out and we still have some dew drops on it. It has natural healing powers for people with leg problems. In my tradition, elders believe that a toddler that is learning to walk, should be left to walk on the grass with dew drops, it will improve the structure of the feet and will teach the child to walk properly. Walking on the grass also creates the curvage on the feet. You do not need to wear the insoles, the earth has the natural bends to help the feet form the curvage. This is also another reason for toddlers to learn to walk on the grass.

Isn't it fascinating how we have a cure for everything that is wrong with us, just around us and yet we forget to appreciate the nature. We do not have to do much, just spend an hour or two once every week at the park, with trees, and nature around us, it is good enough to keep us positive and re-energize us to someone better.

Om

No comments:

Post a Comment